Head of Business Development
We are a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with over 40 biotech companies worldwide that have placed their trust in us. We develop and manufacture lentiviral vectors as a European leader working under both EMA and FDA standards. The lentiviral vectors produced by VIVEbiotech are used to treat a range of disorders, including haematological and solid cancers, and rare diseases.
We are looking for you to be part of our Team!
We are looking for a Head of Business Development to perform a key position reporting directly to the Business Development Director.
Your main responsibility will be the detection and generation of new business opportunities for VIVEbiotech with the objective of materializing them into new contracts for the company. You will carry out the negotiation of these new opportunities, in collaboration with the person responsible for the preparation of Technical Proposals.
You will have under your responsibility a Market Insight Analyst who is part of our business development team.
This person is required to have at least 5 years of experience in sales/business development in the pharmaceutical/biotech company, mainly in the CDMO sector, as well as a scientific/technical background, essential for an adequate interaction with VIVEbiotech’s client.
- You will be responsible for identifying and generating new customer opportunities interested in VIVEbiotech’s services with the ultimate goal of materializing them into new contracts and fulfilling the Annual Sales Plan.
- You will manage the negotiation processes with our customers.
- You will perform a global follow-up of VIVEbiotech’s portfolio of potential clients.
- You will prepare and attend customer meetings at VIVEbiotech or at the customer’s site.
- You will have a comprehensive understanding of the VIVEbiotech market including potential customers, competitors and technology partners among others.
- You will play a key role in overseeing the company’s technology watch.
- You will prepare and attend several international events per year specialized in the sector.
- You will be able to collaborate in the preparation of technical proposals if required.
- University studies related to Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Pharmacy, etc. Master or Doctoral Thesis will be considered positively.
- You have experience of at least 5 years in business development/sales departments in pharmaceutical or biotech companies with international market. Previous experience in CMOs or service companies in the pharmaceutical industry will be highly valued.
- You are available to travel frequently.
- You have excellent social and communication skills.
- You have a high/very high knowledge of English that allows you to maintain both technical and colloquial interlocutions fluently.
- You have a high capacity to manage and work effectively within a team, with leadership.
- You have a good resistance to frustration and you are good at achieving medium/long-term objectives as a final result of intermediate successes.
- You are able to adapt your strategy according to variations observed in the market.
- You demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- You are comfortable and resilient in a changing environment and able to adjust your workload according to changing priorities.
- You are able to work quickly and accurately with a strong focus on detail in a rigorous manner.
- You are always high quality oriented (excellence and self-demanding) and demonstrate autonomy.
- You are able to work under pressure of results and deadlines, with proactivity and responsibility.
- You like to work with a positive attitude towards change.
We offer you
- You will have continuous career development that will help you develop your talent throughout your entire professional career.
- You will participate in innovative projects in constant technological update.
- You will have a competitive salary according to your profile for this position.
- You will have a flexible timetable, with the support you need to conciliate and balance your personal and professional life.
- You will be part of an expert, young, dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic team united by a common purpose, to accompany our clients to go ahead in the cure of diseases.
- We will support you in your personal change process, if you come from another region and wish to come to live in Donostia-San Sebastián (accommodation, support in the job placement for members of your family unit, schooling,…).
- You will enjoy a professional work environment, which is really distinguished by our humanity and closeness. And where we take care of diversity and inclusion. Diverse viewpoints, your curiosity, bring diverse capabilities that strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
- We are proud on offering equal opportunities and a close, welcoming environment. All people receive consideration for our vacant positions, without distinction of gender, age, race, religion, identity, sexual orientation, origin, disability or any other characteristic.